Clicking noise from output 1 right channel

• Hey guys

Ive been using my virus ti acting as my soundcard. I use mackie HR624's and am getting a clicking sound from the right hand side. Ive narrowed it down to being the virus. Any ideas how to resolve this? If its something that needs fixing then can i use output 2 for my monitors? If so how do i do this?

Many thanks

Brett ;)

• cheers bud...i only have jack leads...i cant just put it through the headphone socket or id only have one monitor also. Its defo the right output channel on channel 1....just wonered if i can use output 2 or 3 for this?

• If your not on about mr crackles paying you a visit.... I usualy get distortion on my right speaker only too. I resolve it buy turning down my master volume on the virus itself. I've alwats wondered why it's always only the right though.

If it is mr crackles, Good luck.

• Haha mr crackles...get that too! Grrrr! No i get a big click n pop going on. Really crazy! Its definatly the virus tho! Ok i think to narrow it down even more i will wait until KRK Ergo arrives as that also acts as a soundcard. Ill try that first. It could all come down to just the outputs on the virus which would not be used with Ergo. Ok guys thanks.

Reason i asked is when i had my Virus B there was a global option on the virus. Now there is not and from what i see there is not many settings at all. I was hoping i could just use output 2 for my monitors but it seems i cant?

:) Thanks for all teh advice tho and if anyone can answer the above please let me know....cheers :)

• While "out 1" is the default output when the Virus acts as a soundcard, and I can't think of a way to change that setting, there is a way to "duplicate", or "send" it to "out 2": create a patch that uses the "input" unit, in "static" mode, and set its part to output to "out 2". Now you can disconnect your plugs and relocate them to "out 2" and hear what it sounds like.

• hmmmm u have lost me there. I think ill wait till ergo comes that way im only using the usb to connect. Im having crashing problems and everything now. Its not down to the clicking..welll i hope not....so weird since i came over to windows 7