TI Snow sounds ridiculously bit crushed.....

• hey virusonians!

im running win 7, 64 bit OS with 8gb ram and lots of juice - ableton live 8 - and my virus sounds like a distorted fart in a paper bag...

I've had it running before, definitely, but not working now. I've tried every single fricken usb port, with all of the others unplugged just for good measure. I've uninstalled the program, and reinstalled it, and also updated the firmware via the virus control center. but nothing is working.

so im going through asio for all (512 samples) - im pretty sure if I could use the audio outs from the virus it'd be usable (but not ideal...) but at the moment my audio interface is out of action (not having much luck!)

i'd be super stoked for some good news! any ideas?

thanks peeps :)

• Are you using an onboard soundcard? Some of those utilize the CPU for some of the processing. Try to increase the buffer to 1024 samples to see what happens. Also, check the soundcard's driver, to see if any additional/unneeded processing is taking place, such as room ambiance, automatic gain control etc. Is there any 24/16bit or 44.1/48kHz translation taking place? Try to set the DAW to the native soundcard audio settings.

Why not try to use the virus as a soundcard?

• thanks mate! Im using the virus as the sound card for now and its sounding great!

im just wondering now how do you go about getting abelton and the virus in sync as they're just out of time... I tried the delay compensation on and off, and adjusting the virus track's ms delay compensation, but im just wondering if there is a better way about doing this? both my virus and my maschine are out of synch... :(

thanks!

• Just to be sure, does the VIrus play too early, too late, or is it erratic?
    If the sync issues happen only when you play your MIDI controller, then you should turn on the LIVE button on the bottom left of VC.
    If it happens even when you're playing a MIDI track through the Virus it could be that you have a USB load issue and you'll have to look for another port to use, or try to set VC to "2 out" mode (under the "utility/patch" tab).

• thanks for your replies!

I've definitely got it set to 512 samples, the virus fires just a little bit behind the beat. got it set to 2 out mode as well and have tried the live setting as well. its just so close to being on, but not - very frustrating.