Newbie question: Low part/track audio volume:

• Hi,

Just got a new TI Snow, and I'm having a problem recording audio using Ableton Live 8.

Basically, I have 2 tracks, 1 midi - which is set to the virus part 1, and then an audio track, to record the output of part 1 to a track in ableton. The problem I have is that the volume on the audio track is really low, about -24db - and this is with the midi data velocity in ableton, and the part/master volume in the virus all set to 127.

I've tried several parts, and all are roughly the same. Is this normal? should I need other effects (compressors/eq) to get the volume up to about -3db? something just doesn't feel right that I have to whack up all the volumes and still not get near 0db.

I'm a newbie so go easy on me!

Thanks in advance,

Kevin.

• If I move the volume slider next to the track name to the very right (so 127) then I get a level here at around -15dB with the "init" sound.
    If I then also put the PATCH VOLUME on the FILTER page of the TI PlugIn in Ableton Live to 127, I get around -9dB here, so this already is a tremendous difference to what you report. Are you sure the Midi Volume (the volume fader to the left next to each PART) is at 127 already?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply. When following your instructions, I get similar results. Therefore I can assume that everything is ok and I should just lower other tracks to compensate - plus the master track is now quite high so I guess I'm achieving what I wanted.

Thanks again for your input.

Kevin.