Wavetable Index - Soft Knobs?

• For WT Index select something like Control 3 for your soft knob destination, then go to the matrix & use Control 3 as your source & select Osc X WT Index as your destination.

Something doesn't seem quite right with Wave Select either as a soft knob destination or in the mod matrix - I've just tried setting sine as the wave & connecting lfo 1 unipolar to osc 1 wave select & it's not sweeping through the waves like you would expect, I tried a few different assign amounts & it wasn't getting any better the more I tried.

Email support about wave select & it might get fixed in the next update.

• wave select is not a parameter which should be tweaked in a performance.
    best, marc

Cool

With that being the case, does that mean in Osc 1 Wave Select & Osc 2 Wave Select we have identified 2 candidates which you could easily remove from the matrix destinations list as discussed in the OS5 thread?

• Thanks for that! Wondered how to use the control numbers.

One problem with it is that the on screen plugin knob doesn't update with the control 03 turn from the soft knob.

---

Also, I know its not a performance thing but it is useful for auditioning waves... Clicking through with the mouse gets real tiring. Would be much nicer to swing through them with a knob ( on a snow )

And come to think of it... It would actually be useful in production/performance... as the snow only has 4 voices, it would be cool to change sounds on one track lane.

• Wait a second people, the wavetable index is there for the grain/PWM oscillators where you can sweep through 16 waveshapes at a time, in varying levels of interpolation and I USE IT A LOT! It makes the sound highly tweakable! Maybe this is what you were looking for, obri3n? You can cover 16 waves at a time which is not too bad. Ruari, if they ever take your advice about it in the other thread, you are blacklisted :P !
    EDIT -- I have reread everything and there is also a mixup between wave select and WT index. Wave select is also ALREADY used in many EXISTING organ and electric piano patches where the first "click" of the sound is done by shortly modulating to a wave that has lots of high frequency content using a quick square shaped ENV LFO. Ask Ben Crosland!

• Cool your jets Flabberbob, I use wavetable index all the time too - you might be getting your knobs confused.

What I'm suggesting can be removed is osc x wave select (1 above osc x WT Index in the destination list), it's not doing anything useful for me in the matrix. If it was functional I would expect it to sweep through the different wavetables in time with whatever lfo you link it to, test it out yourself - it doesn't.

What is interesting is that the physical wave select knob on the hardware is always live but I can't write any automation with it, so I guess it's as Marc says - it's not meant for tweaking during a performance (but if you did turn the wave select knob on stage I wouldn't tell on you ;) )

I'm going to check I wrote wave select & not wavetable index in the other thread.

• Flabberbob - I must apologise to you my friend, I have been corrected & when using the classic oscillators the wave select does indeed have an effect. It doesn't sound anywhere near the same if you select wavetable or any of the more complex oscillator types though.

:love: