finally i have the perfect setup

• i have had so many problems using the virus in ableton...so for sound quality purposes (debatable)i bought logic 8 on ebay(cheaper)...now i rewire ableton and reason 6 into logic and do all my Virus work in Logic 8 i am on the latest version of Lion in fact one sec...lion version 10.7.3 i have no pops no clicks sometimes goes out of time simple press re-start play prob solved,this rarely happens any way.sound quality is better Logic has more mastering tools and i still get all the audi warping magic of live as well all reasons tools...only draw back is abletons plugs are now disabled...who cares logics are far superior anyway...only had logic 8 fr 3 days already getting to grips with it....so it win that hard to use...the midid tools make abletons look well pitiful.....so anyone looking to up there game try this...love my Virus and was determined to solve my issues and i have.and have 3 sequencers rewired to boot....just need to learn how to record midi to audio in logic then i am at peace wtht the universe...hope this helps ableton users pulling their hair out...its ABLETON!!!!.....GREAT TO BE ON TOP OF MY GAME AGAIN.thanks for listening. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• i think Logic is a little harder routing wise..i think you have to assign miditracks to bus then set the audio track to that particular bus then record as the virus will not automate control changes(i think) on all 16 multi-tibral channels...i did this with ableton and was a much simpler routing sytem...in fact if somebody could explain how to to this midi to audio in Logic 8 i would greatly appreciate it...i have trawled the internet and it has nothing exactly on it..usually to do with kontakt players that have internal routing...by the way i am using USB now not my 3 stereo outputs(is that the problem)i should'nt think so...Ruari i need your expertise on this one please my friend.

• am so used to recording all my Virus midi to audio in Live 8 its a real joy to be able to use Virus automation on every one of the 16 tracks...one thing though how can you use the Virus to tweek automation it seems i have to use the green automation strip in the Logic automation lane...it wont register just by touching the knobs!!!!(scuse the pun) 8)

• how can you use the Virus to tweek automation it seems i have to use the green automation strip in the Logic automation lane...

Change the automation mode to Touch or Latch BUT DEFINITELY NOT WRITE, select the correct part in your Virus, press play in your Logic project then turn the knobs on your Virus.

Once you have recorded your automation change the automation mode back to Read.

If you use Touch, the automation value will jump back to the original value once you stop turning a knob.

If you use Latch, the automation value will stay where you last left it.

Write is an automation destroyer & is best avoided.

• i appreciate the help..i used to use Sonar and age ago they seem to have similar commands unlike Abelton...lucky to have people like you around for help.much appreciated.tommy.

• just got another automation related question i've tried setting the individual track first to the control change ie filter cutoff..the select Touch to move the knob/parameter in question then record then go to press read to hear the automation..but i'm stil getting no responce it seems the only way to automate is using the fader on the right of the track in green as its not registering at all when using this method..am i going to have to search though preferences...trying to figure these things out at 3 am is a pain..much help would be appreciated ;(

• instead of watching the green automation lines change as i move he cutoff i just get the clip blocked over with green so no automation data can be seen