a quick question about logic 8

• Hey there if i find when i click mute or solo buttons in logic 8...everything solos or mutes...i've tried going to preferences audio 'slow' as suggested on Logic site but this hasn't helped...i am using an external midi track to use the piano roll in for my combinator in Reason rewired to Logic 8.....why does every thing mute and everything solo when you press them...sure the default should be mute=the track you muted and solo=the track you solo'ed so when i want to say play track 1 of 16 on the virus,lets say a baseline it also plays my combinator track....i am using midi through USB 1 and thats it.Could somebody be kind enough to help me out.cheers Tommy.

• no, you don't - you just have to configure logic in the appropriate way as tomski suggests. it works here with logic 9. @tomski, does it work for you in the tutorial song (which doesn't use the routing you've lined out)?
    best, marc

no sooner had i loaded up the tutorial,i reopened all my projects and the mute/solo problem has gone(not sure why) but thanks alot Marc seems to have done the trick...maybe the defaults have been reset.anyway many thanks.

• ;( in my 16 tracks for the Virus in each individual track my write,latch read etc have dissapeared...Marc is there a key comand to bring them back?...cheers Tomski

• no, you don't - you just have to configure logic in the appropriate way as tomski suggests. it works here with logic 9. @tomski, does it work for you in the tutorial song (which doesn't use the routing you've lined out)?
    best, marc

Marc - could you adivse how then please? Always assumed it was not possible.

Also Marc - I have had a ticket logged with support for over a week with no response to get VC working as I got communication errors again - any idea what's going on with a response pl?

• Zitat

Marc - could you adivse how then please? Always assumed it was not possible.

prefs>audio>general "Track Mute/Solo" is your friend, if i'm not mistaken.

Zitat

Also Marc - I have had a ticket logged with support for over a week with no response to get VC working as I got communication errors again - any idea what's going on with a response pl?

last week's frankfurt music show certainly didn't speed things up.
    cheers, marc