amount of polyphony lost in added patches in virus ti2

• I'm pretty sure I read this in one of the virus manuals, but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone tell me how much polyphony you lose with added patches? And whats the cut off cap in polyphony? What I mean by this is how do I determine how much polyphony I have left via that battery icon with the bars on the top left corner on the display of my virus ti2. Any response appreciated. Thanks :)

• There are no specific numbers that are listed anywhere, as this amount constantly changes with the features used for specific sounds and the amount of notes played and the amount of voices triggered. The "patch complexity meter" as the "battery sign" is officially called will solely show you how complex a pad is and basically show you if the used patch might need lots of the Virus' DSP power.
    The "patch complexity meter" only shows the DSP load per patch, not overall for the Virus TI.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• So when the "Battery Meter" is full, it means that the patch in use requires more DSP power, Correct?

• So when the "Battery Meter" is full, it means that the patch in use requires more DSP power, Correct?

yes. the meter is like a rating system. 1 bar = many voices can be played, 5 bars = not so many voices can be played. but the amount of voices to your disposal is not only depending on this particular patch but all patches on all parts played.
    hth, marc

• Thanks for clearing that up Marc. :thumbup:

On another note, Will the 48KHZ issue be addressed with OS5 ?

Chris