Multi-instrument midi channels

• When using my Virus in Logic setup as a multi-instrument in Logic, the sixteen separate midi channels have ascending midi channels from 1 to 16. However, when playing in midi notes on different channels, all are playing whichever channel is selected and therefore 'armed'. When multiple tracks are armed, notes coming in trigger all the Virus channels, regardless that the notes are on individual channels and each Virus channel is set to an individual one.

Separating the midi in Logic's environment and directing each one to each part of the multi-channel may work, but then you can't record the midi, and it seems like a long workaround considering that most multi-channel instruments you can simply set the midi channel of a track, therefore prompting it to react to the correct midi signal.

I've tried setting individual parts in the Virus Config but it changes all the parts. Is this another odd behaviour to the Virus when in Control Mode?

Thank you all.

Isris.

• It could be that your MIDI channels are set to record from any MIDI channel, and you should set each to record from its intended channel. It would be nice to hear about your workflow, since mine is to arm each track at a time and then lay it down, and having the channels in this omni mode saves me the time it takes to change the channel on my controller each time.

• Sorted on this one guys. My midi channels were set correctly Flabberbob, the problem was that this new template project (which I call Virus Multi for obvious reasons), hadn't carried over the option 'Auto demix by channel if multi-channel recording' from all my other Logic templates. It's available in the recording settings and separates the midi streams for each channel so that each one diverts to the correct midid channel, rather than playing them all globally.

My flow Flabberbob is that all the data comes from Max/MSP (I have a long standing project which is a performance patch for the creation of complex rhythm structures), into Logic, plays and records on (now!) the individual channels. I generally just click all the record buttons or create a group of the channels which can then be set in the group settings to all record with one click.