Virus TI Snow Crashing all the time

• Hi all,

I have already contacted the support of Access (they are quick to answer, but there seems to be some kind of language barrier, because I get asked the same questions over and over again), but thought I would like to get some feedback / suggestions from you guys.

I bought my first Virus TI Snow last week and it seems to be faulty: The unit crashes all the time when I play any notes. This happens on MIDI IN, USB and Shift / Audition. All the three input methods results in crash of the unit.

This happens with the original OS version the unit had 4.0.3 (I think) and current 4.5.3. Factory reset doesn't help either.

Sometimes I can play 50 notes, sometimes just 2 or 3 and the unit crashes. It doesn't matter what sound I use, nor does it matter if I play single or multiple notes at the same time.

What does this crashing look / sound like? Well, the unit starts to flash the BPM/LFO light so fast it almost seems it's continuously on. And the speakers output this REALLY loud and disturbing scream (or screech or bleep or whatever that sound likes to be called). The sound is continuous. Like a really, really short loop of sample that loops for ever.

When I click "Panic" the sound never disappears, sometimes it mutates to different screech. Never stops until the unit is powered off.

Soooooo..... Is there anything I can do? I start to get really annoyed and frustrated with my first experience with the product :(

br, Marko

• what you experience is the DSP crashing. since it happens so frequently to you, i'd assume you're dealing with a hardware related issue. is your snow still under warranty?
    best, marc

Yep, I bought it last week. And just delivered it 30min ago back to the dealer that I got it from.

Let's see how long it takes until I can really start enjoying Snow.....

ps. Thank you Access for the great service! I got really fast responses, that isn't a given these days.

br,
    Marko

• Hi all,

just wanted to post a update on the situation:

I still haven't got the Virus Snow back nor have I received a new unit (It has been 1 month now). But one thing I have noticed: The store I bought the Virus Snow from has apparently sent all the units back to Access (because the stock amount has dropped to 0 but they have not sold any units).... I am not sure, but seems that there were some kind of hardware problem on the whole batch of units.

Still waiting :(

br,
    Marko

• i've been asked the same questions on my mail but i don't think something will change the crash.

i got the same issue, not allways it happens but when i change presets very fast it crashes or when i use two outputs, or when i SHIFT+AUTIDION in standalone mode.
    and they're asking me if the same thing happens if i connect a midi keyboard to the unit.

dunno what to do, i bought mine on eBay it is a brand new product but now it will take so much money to send it back, and then pay tax for it again when it arrives.

Is there any possibility to send it stright to Access service center, or to do it through dealers here in Israel?

• I finally got a new replacement unit of Ti Snow today! It only took 35 days ;) And now everything is working just as you'd expect!

good to know!:) i'm waiting for mine too. it will take one month more probably :wacko: