How to Put FX on Virus' MIDI Out Track

• Usually, I can assign any instrument/track to an FX channel, including an individual VST track. (I work in FL Studio.)

But with the Virus, I'm using MIDI Out tracks which don't have an FX Channel link, for some reason. Is there a way to specify which FX Channel to link the MIDI Out sound to? Let's say I want to put my own custom Delay or Distortion effect on that sound.

• Hi Bob, I'm afraid I need some more help here:

(First of all, that YouTube video doesn't have sound.)

Ok, I go under Processing, and I see 3 items under Connections: "Virus TI 1", "Virus TI 2", and "Virus TI 3". First of all, what does that mean? Am I limited to 3 FX channels I can use with the Virus? Why is that? I have the full-fledged TI 2 Keyboard (not the Snow). I get 16 parts, so I'd like to have 16 FX channels (so that each, in theory, can be mapped to whatever separate FX I choose to put on it), or is my logic incorrect here?

Next, in the Tutorial FL project, I see that they've reserved 3 channels (1-3) called "Virus Out 1-3".

Something weird is going on: When I click "Auto Map Outputs" under Processing, I get this mapping: Virus TI 1 -> 1, Virus TI 2 -> 2, Virus TI 3 -> 3. But, with these settings, for some reason FX Channel 2 is getting activated for all MIDI Out Virus tracks.

My goal is to be able to map each of the 16 individual parts to completely independent 16 FX-Channels if I so desire. What's the problem here? Thanks.

• You won't be able to do such thing :huh: just as it happens on the physical hardware (1 main output and 2 additional outputs), the USB connection gives you 3 outputs at most.

If you want to put additional effects, you'll have to do after actually recording the sound (not MIDI) of the Virus.

Access Virus TI2 Polar Darkstar, Korg Kronos 88, Roland MB-8800 :thumbup:

• The Virus has one physical MIDI input (which holds 16 channels), one USB MIDI input (16 channels again, and when used the physical input becomes another MIDI input for your computer), 3 stereo (or 6 mono) physical audio outs (1L and 1R are shared with the S/PDIF out) and 3 stereo (or 6 mono) USB outs. You can send any of the 16 parts that correspond to the 16 MIDI channels to any of these physical outs, but these are all you have. As stated by others, if you want to use effects on each and every part, solo the MIDI channel and bounce to audio. This way, you can even start all over again and add more layers as if you have more than one Virus.