QUANTIZE / LATENCY COMPENSATION problems with Apple Logic

• Hi there,

I have a strange problem with my TI and Apple Logic. Strange, because it's been only a week ago that I have noticed it and I have been using the same configuration for years now.

DESCRIPTION
    Notes play in time as I play them. On the roll they appear slightly ahead of time (play earlier that they should) and - when quantize is on - it might mess up the whole session... The setting of Logic is exactly as described in the manual, Virus runs 4.5.3 as well as the VC plugin.

Looks like some kind of plugin compensation being too strong... I have this parameter set to ALL, but that does not change too much when changed or off. Also, I don't have live mode or low latency mode on (latency is around 4-7 ms which is fine to me). All the other plug ins play fine and nothing like this happens to them. I do not have too many plug ins in channel strips, when they're off it's all the same.

help?.. please...

• Heyy this happens to me when I have VC outs set to Analog instead of USB.

Did you get a fix yet?

Such a shame because the Analog outs sound noticeably better

• Heyy this happens to me when I have VC outs set to Analog instead of USB.

The analog outs cannot be delay compensated like the USB audio streams can due to a technical limitation. The only way here is to manually delay the midi tracks triggering TI sounds that are routed to analog outs.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• DESCRIPTION
    Notes play in time as I play them. On the roll they appear slightly ahead of time (play earlier that they should) and - when quantize is on - it might mess up the whole session... The setting of Logic is exactly as described in the manual, Virus runs 4.5.3 as well as the VC plugin.

You should check out this really useful video from the guys over at Mac Pro Video, it goes into things far more comprehensively than I could on a post on a forum. You'll be amazed at just how interesting 6 hours of Latency based videos can be…

Logic's Latency Toolbox