clicks pops ti snow on xps laptop i7 chipset

• hey guys!

I have searched here and online and did not find a solution to getting clicks and pops on my ti snow via usb and virus control in ableton live 8. This is even with just one patch running and nothing else in live or from snow. Its especially bad with a bass line in 8th notes or using the cutoff on other sounds. Ive tried the asio tascam soundcard and the viris asio drivers as well. I have the buffer at 128+ safety. I also tried game booster which cuts all unneeded windows background programs and I still have this issue with even just one patch.
    I have the most recent os on virus pre 5 beta public.

any suggestions on what else to try?

also, is it possible to roll back to a previos os on virus? how would I do that if I have no backup? I just got the snow used and saw it had an older os so I just updated without thought.

one more question, is it possible to run the snow seq mode in ableton live without using the vc vst!? I have not had a chance to try this yet but hoping I could still run the four parts without the vst portion as I did see one comment online that it was that software.

thanks for any help!

• After further research I found the older os versions for snow which I installed 4.0 I think it was as I already had 4.1.

I also removed the previous installed software on computer and then reinstalled on a different usb port on the laptop. I have a side usb port that is also esata it says and is by itself whereas the one I had installed on before had two other usb ports next to it.

I no longer have the pops and clicks via virus asio but get pure noise with asio free4all. I use the later when I am just wih the laptop away from other gear such as my tascam 144 mk2 which I normally run asio from. Hope that I can work that out because the virus out headphone is pretty weak as well as the volume level on the snow. I have a work area with a mixer but I like to be modular and use my laptop in various places with just a peice of gear that im working on. Anyways, Im having the worst bit of luck with the snow in so many different ways not like my friends virus b I used before.

Now I am wondering how will I use ableton features such as audio effects and plug in effects and automation if all parts go through the ti software ?!

Really hope I can make a friend here to get me up and going this has been extremely frustrating and I almost want to just sell it off and get a used virus c instead :cursing:

• I also removed the previous installed software on computer and then reinstalled on a different usb port on the laptop. I have a side usb port that is also esata it says and is by itself whereas the one I had installed on before had two other usb ports next to it.

I bet that moving to another port was the thing that solved it, and it would have worked with OS5 as well.

the virus out headphone is pretty weak as well as the volume level on the snow.

Try the Snow with headphones as standalone, meaning just the MIDI controller connected to it using a MIDI cable to get a sense of its capability in terms of volume. With the USB outs you get a mixing headroom in the Virus in advance for all the parts it potentially generates, so it is good practice to reduce 12dB from all other tracks, and increase the main bus level.

Now I am wondering how will I use ableton features such as audio effects and plug in effects and automation if all parts go through the ti software ?!

The Virus parts can be routed to come out of up to three USB stereo outs. Expanding the Virus track to get all the outs depends on your DAW. I suggest downloading the appropriate tutorial from the support section of the site. You can then apply further processing on these audio tracks. On the snow, if you want all 4 parts on separate tracks you can decide which 2 parts you can use even when they are mono (as in not stereophonic) ans assign them to the L and the R of one of the three USB outs. This way you get all four parts on 2 stereo and 2 mono outs.