Access Virus TI2 with OS5 = Crackles & Weird Noises

• Hi all,

today i installed Windows 8 Preview, installed cubase as well fl studio, but both don't load up the vst plugin.
    I use Virus TI.dll (x64) as well the 32 bit version.
    The vst wont load, until i turn off the virus, then the plugin comes with the note that there is no virus connected.
    Turning it on, does want to update the firmware, then the hole system hangs.
    What to do now?

Thanks!

• Back once again, with an update.

Going back to Windows 7 x64, and installed the hole software bundle needed to make music.
    Installed everything, with all updates for the drivers, etc.
    Installed Motu Drivers (828mk3) as well the Virus Center, and my banks/presets.

Loaded up Cubase & FL Studio 10.5 with the Virus x64 as well the x32 vst, and it works, but...

The sound crackles, make weird noises, and going TOTALLY out of sync (errors), etc.
    Whaaaa, i'm going crazy!
    What the h* is going on here....

After i really checked everything, like other usb port, new usb chip (Texas Instruments Chipset), but none of them worked.

Today i downgraded the virus to the 4.5.3.00 version, and guess what!
    Everything works perfect, so that OS5 beta isnt that good!
    I advice people to wait for the final release if you need the virus for making music, because this os is full of bugs.

Be warned (if you need your virus to the max).

• OS5 has worked flawlessly for me (W7 x64) and I use onboard USB with a few other devices plugged in. I think someone who works for Access acknowledged a problem with very specific hardware/software setups - maybe you are one of these people.

• Virus Control driver seems to conflict with most 3D acceleration drivers and cause the crackles.

The fix for my (laptop) was to disable the 3D graphics card in device manager, start my Cubase session and Virus Control, then re enable the graphics card.

This will be really annoying for you PC users though, I see another poster mentioned downgrading his graphics card drivers worked.

Just figured this out after a week of tweaking and rage. Emailing Access support about this.