[URGENT] My Virus TI Snow Is Not Working Properly!

• Hi Guys,

I've purchased a new TI Virus Snow and I have a problem wich I need your expertise on!

When I connected my Virus to my Mac and start playing some synths in Logic Pro (9.1.7) Sometimes happens (The Output is Crashing or Something) and there is a loud "electronic" kind of sound raging over my output or I can't hear anything at all. The Virus itself looks fine and also the TI Software looksgood. There is still coming a signal in from my MIDI Keyboard and The Virus doesn't show any distress on its display or something. What does looks strange is the fact that within Logic, The 4 Multitimbral Channels are picking up sound and signal very consistently. My father suggested it had something to do with the electricity that the Virus uses over my USB 2.0 channel. As I connect the Virus there coming sparks out of the USB port. This is the 2nd Virus I'm using because the 1st had the problem also and I changed it for a new one. Maybe the circuit is overpowered ?

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

My Specs:

iMac 27'' 2011 Model
    12 GB DDR 3 RAM Memory
    OS X v10.6.8
    3.1 Ghz Intel Core i5
    Logic Pro (9.1.7 64bit)
    TI Virus Snow (v5.0.0.10)

• If this is urgent I suggest you contact Access support directly. Record the sounds and take some screen shots, and include these with your report.
    The spark from the USB port may or may not be a part of the problem. Both the Virus and your laptop are "floating ground" devices - they are isolated from the mains by their power supplies, and when you connect between them e.g. using a USB connection, they have to agree on a common ground, hence the sparks.

• If this is urgent I suggest you contact Access support directly. Record the sounds and take some screen shots, and include these with your report.
    The spark from the USB port may or may not be a part of the problem. Both the Virus and your laptop are "floating ground" devices - they are isolated from the mains by their power supplies, and when you connect between them e.g. using a USB connection, they have to agree on a common ground, hence the sparks.

Thanks flabberbob for the reply,

I've already contacted Support and they are on the case already. I just want to make sure that I get all the advice that possibly can get on this one, and thats why I am asking this to the community also. I heavily suspect that it has something to do with the sparks because it almost looks like the Virus giving my Logic an overload on Data and electricity. Wich causing it to not work properly. ;(

I'm really frustrated and i'm hoping you can help me!

Sincerely,

Tom.

• There are reported issues (but on Windows 7) where the audio is screwed... also take in consideration the OS 5 is still beta. OS 4.5.3 is latest "stable" (I couldn't resist :D)

Access Virus TI2 Polar Darkstar, Korg Kronos 88, Roland MB-8800 :thumbup:

• There are reported issues (but on Windows 7) where the audio is screwed... also take in consideration the OS 5 is still beta. OS 4.5.3 is latest "stable" (I couldn't resist :D)

Hi MarPabl,

I've already tried that and it didn't work, This is my second TI Snow and On both i've tried the 2 OS's and I still get the same problems. I don't know what to do anymore. ;(

Tom.