Notes Held for a Long Time (MIDI error/bug?)

• My piano drawing contains only short notes, but sometimes a note is held indefinitely, until I press Stop. Is this a bug?

It's happening a lot when I'm using commercial soundbanks. The note will be held until I force it to stop even though it shouldn't be playing anymore. Other times, multiple notes are held indefinitely, and they pile on top of each other.

If you're interested I can tell you exactly which patches it's happening on... The only way to get rid of this glitch is to re-drag the patch into the part, then it starts observing the note length correctly. But then, I lose all my tweaks that I made on that patch.

Thanks

• Held notes are usually caused by the Virus not receiving a "note off" MIDI message. This could happen because of some bug in the DAW, or because of USB bandwidth issues (such as errors in USB packets). It shouldn't be specific to certain patches. If a patch is designed to be in "hold" mode the behavior should be the same for all the notes in the part.
    Regarding dragging patches, if you make it a habit to regularly save the patch you are working on, you will always have a fairly recent backup to drag onto VC.