Adding parameters to automation in live 8

• Hi,

I've had my virus for several years and never had any trouble. Haven't used it for a year or so but recently getting back into production so I've dusted it off, updated to the latest os (beta I believe) and fired up ableton live 8.

Now, by default it appears that nothing is setup ready for automation. So I've tried right clicking whatever parameters I want to add to bring up the contextual menu where I can then select "add to automation" or whatever it used to say. Only now when I right click, nothing happens. No menu, nothing.So I thought maybe Access have changed how things work. So instead, in Ableton, I select the configure button on the closed VC panel and start twiddling knobs. Sure enough they start appearing in the automation list. However, certain parameters which I'm sure could be added before can no longer be added. None of the LFO destination amounts can be added. Neither can any of the mod matrix slot amounts. This is the same whether I twiddle the knobs on the unit itself or within VC.

Can anyone please tell me:

1) Should right clicking on parameters still bring up the menu for me to add to automation?

2) Should lfo destination amounts and mod matrix slot amounts be able to be added?

If yes to these questions, is this a bug? An error on my part?

Please help!

Thanks

• 8.2 I think.

So what is the alternative method?

Like I say, I can't add anything right clicking, certain parameters such as matrix slots and lfo destination amounts won't add, even using abletons configure menu and when VC is first loaded up, there aren't any parameters setup ready for automation in the drop down menu on the VC track.

• In latest Ableton Live and TI software versions there's no need anymore to set up the automation parameters by right-clicking on a parameter in the TI plugin.
    You would simply make sure Ableton records and then you would move e.g. the Filter 1 Cutoff of the TI (plugin or hardware doesn't matter) and Ableton Live would show the parameter being recorded automatically. You mentioned an early OS 4 release in your support email, so please update the TI software version as well.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner