Live Intro or Lite with Snow?

• I've been using GarageBand and Reaper for the last few months with my Snow. As neither one is a fully supported DAW I'm getting tired of their limitations when I try to use the TI features window, so I'm considering trying Ableton for the first time. I don't need Ableton for recording, sequencing, etc., just hassle-free control of the Snow when I'm trying to adjust parameters and make patches.

Two questions:

Is the "Live Intro" version supported by TI? (or would I need to purchase the full version of Ableton?)

Also, out of curiosity, what's the difference between Live Intro and Ableton Lite? Would Lite be better for my needs?

Thanks!

• If you're really not going to be doing any real recording/producing with Live, then Intro will be enough for you. They only limit the number of plugins you load in Intro to 4.

Also, pretty sure Intro/Lite are the same thing? Maybe "Lite" is the branding they use with versions bundled with 3rd party hardware, but as far as I know there are only 3 functional varieties of Live: Intro, Live, and Suite

Here's the Live 8 feature comparison. Sounds like Intro will do it for you... and they offer pretty nice upgrade pricing if you end up wanting more.