Clicks and pops problem. TI Snow

• Hello.

Ive had my Virus for a couple of months now and ever since i got it ive had some problems with Clicks and pops during automation on the filter. The unit is connected with USB and im using the USB as main input, no audio interface in between in my current setup (remodeling)

Anyway i have read thru the manual several times and followed all instructions with the installment and setup. I dont have any other issues and when the filter is fully open there is no ugly noises. Ive played around some with the envelopes on the filter and ive managed to take away some of the noises by adjusting the attack.

The issue reminds me of my old JP8000 :D that i also have that has this known issue with the clicks and pops on the filter. Im sure its maybe not the same thing but its just my reflection.

Does anybody have any info to share on how i can get rid of this?

Im running the latest Logic Pro 9.1.8 (32 bit) on OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3

My virus is also up to date with all the latest updates.

If you need anymore info that can help you to help me then please say.

Thanks a bunch.

• Try to do the same filter modulation with the same patch when the Virus is in stand alone (USB is disconnected - copy the patch to one of the RAM banks if needed). If it still behaves the same then there is something wrong with the synth - either just yours (HW) or you found a bug (SW). If the clicks are limited to VC, it might be a USB bandwidth problem, so you can try the other USB ports on you computer.
    A sample of the sound could be helpful. Support could even use a sample project. Also, what did you mean by "im using the USB as main input"?
    Good luck!

• Try to do the same filter modulation with the same patch when the Virus is in stand alone (USB is disconnected - copy the patch to one of the RAM banks if needed). If it still behaves the same then there is something wrong with the synth - either just yours (HW) or you found a bug (SW). If the clicks are limited to VC, it might be a USB bandwidth problem, so you can try the other USB ports on you computer.
    A sample of the sound could be helpful. Support could even use a sample project. Also, what did you mean by "im using the USB as main input"?
    Good luck!

Thank you for your answer. Ive managed to get most of the clicks/spikes away. Seems like its not related so much to the Virus. It seems like its something in Logic and my system that is causing this when it gets overloaded. Could that be a reason you think? the Virus plugin seem to be a real cpu hog.

• Try to change the output buffer size of your soundcard, and see how it affects the clicks.
    Regarding the Virus plugin being a resource hog, VC doesn't do any signal processing itself nor does it use samples, it just moves chunks of data between the physical unit and the DAW, therefore it shouldn't use a lot of resources - if it does it might hint at some bug. Then again, some system tools are not accurate in reporting resource use.

• Thank you for your answer. Ive managed to get most of the clicks/spikes away. Seems like its not related so much to the Virus. It seems like its something in Logic and my system that is causing this when it gets overloaded. Could that be a reason you think? the Virus plugin seem to be a real cpu hog.

what makes you think that the Virus eats CPU cycles? you need to provide much more info in order to get help - idealistically contact access support by email.
    one thought: try running logic (and you mac!) in 64 bit. my personal experience is that larger sessions behave much better, especially when you use real CPU/Memory hogs which shall be unnamed from my end.
    best, marc