Help with basic question (virus ti control/vst question)

• Hello people! I've been an avid access virus follower ever sense the first virus. A few years ago I purchased a virus TI, I love it! Best synth ever :) I use it extensivly for dnb/dubstep/goa and psytrance

Anyhow to cut to the chase, I've always used my virus TI for improv work with other equipment, I just got into more computer oriented production.
    My main question is-how can I hook the virus up with the computer and create sound patches on the computer-is this via VST correct? Whats a good program that can run VSTS-I wouldn't be using the program for other uses, just to use virus control and make sound patches--I record my virus TI live in Reason 7.
    Mind you I don't have a lot of $ at this time to purchase any programs. ;)

Next question is--I don't seem to know where to find the virus control VST software, my synths registered etc. I'm having difficulty downloading the proper program (anyone supply a link for me?)

Thank you guys for any clarification you can provide me on this subject. I really want to bring out the intricacy's of the synth-I've been playing with sounds on the synth itself, but its a lot of menu diving! I figured it would be so much easier to edit the sounds via virus control then save them onto the synth.

• Whats a good program that can run VSTS-I wouldn't be using the program for other uses, just to use virus control and make sound patches--I record my virus TI live in Reason 7.

Try this article.

I don't seem to know where to find the virus control VST software, my synths registered etc. I'm having difficulty downloading the proper program (anyone supply a link for me?)

The plugin does not come separately. You'll get it as a part of the whole TIOS bundle for your computer (PC/mac), as the plugin only works with a Virus running the same TIOS version. So you should decide if you want to upgrade you Virus to the latest TIOS, or search the archives for the version your Virus is running right now (displayed when you start up the Virus).
    Hope this helps.