Midi input not working?

• Hi,

Finally got myself a Virus TI, and very happy with it...
    Ive got it working via VST, and also working as a Midi output device. (i.e. as master keyboard over USB)

but Ive got a problem with it working as an midi input device (ie. receiving midi)
    So, im in USB mode, (so no VC) and ive checked in config , it say midi device is omni (i assume this means will receive on all channels)
    but i dont seem to be able to get it to play any midi

e.g. in live, I have another midi as input, can see midi data coming in .. i set midi To as Virus TI (midi) but no output is there...
    (i would assume it would come thru headphone?)

ive also tried Virus TI (Synth) as a midi To destination - and this is not working either (whats the difference?)

not quite sure what else to try... ive been through all the TI menus, but cannot find any explanation as to why Ive no output.

any ideas?

• ok, of course, as soon as i post, I start getting it to work :o)

so really, only leaves 2 things i dont understand:
    a) What is the difference between Virus TI (Midi) and Virus TI (Synth) ... the latter appears to be the one i need to get output :)
    b) Ive noticed, that although I have it set on omni... I need to send on the global channel, if in single or the part channel if in multi, i thought omni would receive on all channels?

anyway, very happy .. as everything working and getting some fantastic sounds :)

• ah, cool - so i can use the virus as a midi bridge to other midi devices ? that could be handy :)

any thoughts on the omni recieve? is this perhaps only for physical midi connects? and une is always direct?
    EDIT : ok, I re-read the manual! the device ID is about sysex messages, its not the the device id in a sense of input.. so all clear now :)

thanks for the clarification