Voice Retrigger in Poly Mode?

• Hello all,

Is there any setting in the Virus TI to set up the voices to "retrigger" themselves while still in poly mode? When hitting the same note twice in a row, you hear a comb-filtering effect on the virus in poly mode because it triggers two voices. Is there any way to prevent this? A lot of soft synths will have a "voice retrigger" feature to save cpu for example.

Thanks!

• I've been meaning to ask for this for a while now - a per-note-mono mode, meaning that if a note is played while the release tail of the same note is still playing, the new note will chop it off. Apart from saving voices, this is important for recreating realistic percussion, such as bells and vibraphone: when you re-excite them with the mallet they start all over again, and not add up tails. Currently I re-create this behavior with the Virus by exploding the original MIDI track into sub-tracks, each one for same-note instances (the same way you would with a drum set on channel 10 of a rompler, if you know what I mean), then I bounce each exploded track into audio while the patch is in mono mode. This is cumbersome, and would be solved by this feature, although sometimes I do like EQing each of the resulting bounces separately, as in the case of toms, for example.
    This is not a new filter or envelope but still I hope this feature is sexy enough to be included in a near-future OS update.