How to turn off Virus TI2 Desktop properly?

• Is there any way to shut it off correctly?
    Should I:

1. Put it to sleep mode/power off (holding both transpose buttons down) then unplug the power cable and shut down my mac.

2. Shut down my mac first, then I put the virus to sleep mode and unplug it.

3. Same as above but don't put it too sleep, just unplug the power.

Dont know if this really matters, but I want to do it the right way. And I want to unplug it because I always unplug everything when I go to sleep :D

Daniel

• It really does not matter how you power up or power down your virus. I have all my studio power up on 2 switches, all permanently switched on at the instruments end. This saves wearing out Power switches on the virus, and preventing future problems with electrical arcing across its contacts. All i would say though is put a surge protected mains block on your equipment which will suck up any current surge on initial power up, although most switched mode power supplies incorporate this anyway.

I also never put my Virus into sleep mode, before switching off, never had any issues whatsoever. The only time i do that is if i'm not using it.

My PC is shut down before my Virus is switched off, but the only thing thats doing is disconnecting the USB bus.. not a worry..

So dont worry, there is no right or wrong way. This topic was raised a few months back i recall, but can't find the link. I remember commenting then...

HTH 8)