Virus conflicts with Apogee Maestro?

• I bought a new mac computer and installed virus control 5.07 and when I tried to install apogee maestro for my firewire duet, the apogee software won't open, which means I can't use phantom power or not latency monitoring. I went back and forth for a while with apogee and never got anywhere. Well, the other day I got a message from apogee (this is a few weeks after my initial support) saying that it's my virus ti software conflicting with maestro and to delete it. I use my virus more than my audio interface (making do with my ultralite mk1) so I haven't done that yet, but will consider installing a earlier version at some point. btw, the virus software has worked fine the whole time.

my questions:

1. has anyone had similar problems with apogee maestro (a good chance the problems are from having a new computer and having to install from scratch...)

2. If so, does anyone know what file is causing the conflict (a preference, etc) so I can maybe hide it when I need to record.

I also wanted to post this to give anyone a heads up that may have similar problems. btw, I haven't deleted the virus control so I don't know if that will solve the problem.

• I too would like an update on this issue. The problems have clearly existed for months and neither Apogee nor Access are providing real answers. We have paid a lot of money for these devices, when can we expect them to play nicely together as expected? The Apogee apps all segfault when Virus software is installed. That shouldn't be hard to handle at all.

• Hi

I have been having problems opening Apogee Maestro 2.

I have just bought an Apogee Duet iPad/Mac and have been having problems opening Maestro 2.

Any tips/advice OR are we all still waiting for this to be corrected ?

... This blog has saved me from going insane as I really couldn't find any answers this problem for 2/3 days. So frustrating!!!!

• Marc,

Ih ave updated both my TI 5.0.8 and my Duet maestro software, and Maestro is still crashing! this is killing my work flow ... please help!!!

please contact support by email and supply a crashlog and detailed information on when and how it is crashing. both apogee and us can confirm that the bug the original poster was referring to is fixed.
    thanks, marc