Virus Control and Logic Pro X

• Hi Guys

I hope this hasnt been asked too much already, I have had a look but cant fins specific answers to my questions.. So here I go..

I have just got my Virus Polar and Im very happy with it, but setting it up in Logic Pro X (Mavericks 10.9.2) is getting the better of me. I am setting it up by selecting a 16 channel multitimbral software instrument in Logic, then adding Virus Control to the first of the tracks, then in the mixer I click the plus signs and get the 3 channels that are available to use. This is all good but below are the things I cant seem to work out how to do:

1) Mutes dont work, they mute everything, is the only option to use the ob/off button in Logic?
    2) Virus Control has Mute, but is there a Solo? Right now I'm clicking mute a lot when I want to solo a single patch in Virus Control.
    3) When I add a Logic Midi Effect it effects all 3 stereo output channels, but i want to be able to add midi effects to individual instruments.
    4) Do I need to have Plugin Latency Compensation on or off? When I turn it off as described in one of the virus manuals the virus sounds dont play in time with other non-virus sounds (e.g. drum loops).

One good thing compared to lets say Omnisphere is that automation seems to work very nicely multitimbrally :)

Let me know if you need any more info and thanks for your help!

Timedout...