Don't panic if TI turns off duing upgrade, all fixed now

• Hi All

I had a major panic yesterday. I've been through hell these last two years (personal reasons) and have very much neglected my hobby of bad music making. So, yesterday I decided I'd upgrade to the latest OS 5.0.0.9 (I think!!). I have a MacbookPro with 10.9.2 and I use Logic Pro 9.

So, I downloaded the latest OS from the Access www site and started the upgrade process. About 2 minutes in, my TI (Keys version), just simply turned itself off - and at first I thought this might be part of the upgrade process, however, after ten mins, it remained off and I knew there was something wrong.

I then spotted on the upgrade app running on the Mac, that there were instructions to remove cables etc, and press the Exit button at the same time as re-inserting the power cable, then re-run the upgrade process again. i did this, re-established all cable connections and sure enough, everything resumed and ended up well.

I will admit to being a tad panicky, especially when the TI wouldn't power on, but it didn't take long for everything to resume after following the instructions.

I wanted to post this in case anyone else out there sees similar power downs when they upgrade. I am not sure if I was simply lucky, but it all worked in the end.

Phew...

Mac OSX Yosemite

• Always good when it works in the end. Mini panics always spice life up a bit.

Yes indeed they do! I did have a major panic, especially after I waited for something to happen and it didn't! I tried powering the TI on, to no avail... and thought my beloved synth had died and would need (an expensive) trip back to Access.

However, the software running the upgrade notified me exactly what to do, and when I followed those instructions, everything resumed.

Great work Access! :)

Mac OSX Yosemite