Erratic timing of Virus playback of MIDI files in Logic

• Hello,

For a while now, I've had issues with erratic timing of Virus playback of MIDI regions in Logic. (Virus Polar TI, OS 5.0.8.00, Mac OS 10.9.3, Logic 10.0.7).

What happens is that I'll be working on a track for a while, say 20 minutes or more, and the Virus will be playing back MIDI regions with no problem. Then, suddenly it will start playing everything about a 16th note late. This typically will start happening if Logic is playing already and I skip back to an earlier part of the arrangement while Logic is playing.

Usually to correct the problem, I have to reset the Virus, which obviously isn't ideal.

I did notice just recently I had an issue with my computer and the attached error message appeared. I don't know if that might be a related issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Tim

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo83/trobert/Miscellaneous/Virus-Kernel-Extension.jpg~original]

• please contact support. you don't have to reset the virus at all. what you describe sounds like the virus needs to calibrate the connection which will happens if you just stop and wait for 2-3 seconds.the reason why you get this error might be that you migrated from an earlier version of OSX. you have an old component of the Virus TI suite at the wrong place.
    best, marc