Beiträge von trobert

Hello,

Before mixing a track in Logic, I always render each Virus part to an audio file. I solo the Virus Channel and assign it to output 1+2. But almost every time I bounce a Virus part, (particularly when it's a long part), I get pops and clicks, even though I believe I have all the Logic Preferences settings correct. Here are the settings I'm using when bouncing the Virus part to audio:

I/O Buffer Size: 512 (I also tried 128 and 256)
    Process Buffer Range: Small
    Plugin Latency Compensation: Off (I also tried this using the other two options)
    Low Latency Mode: Off

Does anyone have any thoughts?

NOTE: I'm using Mac OS 10.9.5, Logic 10.7.1, 32 GB RAM, 3.33 Ghz 6-core Intel Xeon

Hello,

I use a Multi-Out instance of the Virus TI plugin in Logic 10.0.7, and I typically use the "+" button to create Aux Channels for each part (I usually use two or three parts in the Virus).

I then typically use sends from each Virus Aux channel to allow for effects chains on separate Auxes, and then I assign each original TI Aux and its "effects" Aux to yet another Aux, so that I can have automation control of the mix of that Virus part and its effects together.

The problem I'm having is keeping all these tracks in the order I want in Logic's Mixer window. For some reason, when I drag tracks in the Tracks window to the order I want them, they do not update into the same order in Logic's mixer window.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Thanks, Tim

Hello,

For a while now, I've had issues with erratic timing of Virus playback of MIDI regions in Logic. (Virus Polar TI, OS 5.0.8.00, Mac OS 10.9.3, Logic 10.0.7).

What happens is that I'll be working on a track for a while, say 20 minutes or more, and the Virus will be playing back MIDI regions with no problem. Then, suddenly it will start playing everything about a 16th note late. This typically will start happening if Logic is playing already and I skip back to an earlier part of the arrangement while Logic is playing.

Usually to correct the problem, I have to reset the Virus, which obviously isn't ideal.

I did notice just recently I had an issue with my computer and the attached error message appeared. I don't know if that might be a related issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Tim

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo83/trobert/Miscellaneous/Virus-Kernel-Extension.jpg~original]

I have a Virus TI Polar (with (Logic 9.1.8, Mac OS 10.7.5), and I use the Virus not only for its sounds, but as my keyboard controller for all other soft synths & samplers. For some reason, the Virus frequently stops transmitting MIDI data. For example, I was playing hitting keys on the Virus keyboard to trigger samples in Logic's EXS24, and suddenly, no MIDI data. The Virus' Transpose buttons were in the middle default (no transposition), and the Logic software instrument track didn't have any transposition enabled either. And there were no samples in the EXS 24 below C1.

Also, typically when I put the computer to sleep for a time, and wake it up again, the Virus will not transmit MIDI. Also sometimes just upon startup the same thing happens.

For a while when this happened, I reset the Virus, which fixed the problem temporarily (but not for long). Sometimes I simply unplug the USB cable and plug it in again, same result - if fixes the problem temporarily. But this happens constantly, nearly every time I work in Logic

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?

Thanks!