I purchased my Access Virus Ti Snow about 3 years ago and I really tried to get it working but was basically handballed back and forth from Ableton and Access at the time.
The closest I got to using the Virus was around the time I purchased it, however the sound was cracking and popping and I gave up as I was in the army at the time and I just got really frusrated and stoped making music (I know I should have not given up as I lost 2 years of being creative).
I decided that I love making music and I need to get this working so I can carry on forwards.
- I have since upgraded my laptop. My current specs are > Intel 7 2.50GHz > RAM: 16GB > Windows 10 64bit.
- I have updated my Virus TI Snow to the latest 5.0.8.00 drivers.
- I have installed Ableton 9 (Trial for now until I can at least get everything work) - Previously had Ableton 8
- I am running a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.
Presently, when I try to drag the Virus Control into Ableton it says 'no virus connected'. - I have tried turning the power off etc.
When I had my custom VST folder, the plugins were not even showing up. I will attach some photos.
I have decided to get it another go as prior I was in the the army and going through some rehab.
Here I am again and I still cant get it to work. I even went in to producing shop in Brisbane and they did try but pretty much said you need to work it out yourself.
I have done the following.
- Installed the latest version of Ableton 9 64 bit (just on a trial at the moment) - I own Ableton 8 but I thought perhaps it would work with the 9 (no luck yet).
- I have installed all the latest drivers on the Acess Virus Snow which is running 5.0.8.00
- I am running Windows 10 64 bit
I really need some help to once and for all get this set up.
Many, many thanks advance