Help using Virus TI keyboard's sounds from Studio One using another controller

• I'm trying to access my Virus TI2 keyboard sounds from Studio One 3. I have a CME XKey 37 that I'm using to play all my sounds in S1, which is hooked up USB. My Virus is connected using USB as well (no MIDI cables). I can create a Virus instrument track, and call up the Virus VST, and access the different MIDI channels with different sounds on each channel as you would expect to do.

The problem is that over time (a few note presses), the virus' sounds fade. As I press the notes continually, they get quieter and quieter. Thought it was a performance clip in S1 related to a buffer or something but I cannot figure out why this is happening. No other instruments I control in S1 do this.

Anyone have a clue as to what I should try?

Thanks,
    Steve

• I apologize for bumping a year old post but I couldn't find a published resolution to this issue that SynthMan65 is having, which is exactly what I've just ran into that started happening to me when I switched from my RD-700SX controller to my xkey.

The symptoms of sounds fading is due to various keys controlling more than just notes and note dynamics. Soft Knobs, Amp Velocities, and LFOs (probably more as well!) appear to go haywire when certain keys are triggered.

I first verified xkey being the culprit by triggering the same keys on the roland. Sure enough the virus acted properly with the roland. So the next step was to update xkey's firmware. I was originally on v2.0, and now currently on 2.4. Nothing resolved after updating.

Upon closer inspection I noticed that the changes that appeared to be haywire and random weren't so. The values of each affected parameter were directly related to the pressure given on the xkey: zero pressure = lowest value, max pressure = highest value.

In the xkey software you can change the way the pressure behaves: Nothing (or none), Poly Key, or Channel (this can be found on the keys assignments tab). Poly Key appears to be the culprit as selecting None or Channel resolves the issue.

I'm going to assume that this is a bug on the xkey and not the virus. That said, I have never seen this happen with any of my other instruments; currently this issue is isolated between the xkey and the virus. I will contact both Access and CME's tech support and see what they say.

--Phil

Trance Producer and DJ
    Apple MacBook Pro 2.8ghz quad core i7, 16gb RAM
    OSX 10.11.4 / Logic Pro 10.2.2
    Virus TI2 Desktop / Roland RD-700SX / CME Xkey25+37

• Ahhh okay bear with me as I’m a new virus owner (which has now led the way to learning about poly pressure).

Is there any documentation on how to assign keys to parameters? I’ve checked manuals, forums, google, and even tried diving into the synth itself seeing what I can find and came up short. Regardless of the preset, the same key triggers the same parameter (i.e. D3 always triggers soft knob 1), so I’m assuming there must be a global setting somewhere.

Thanks!

Trance Producer and DJ
    Apple MacBook Pro 2.8ghz quad core i7, 16gb RAM
    OSX 10.11.4 / Logic Pro 10.2.2
    Virus TI2 Desktop / Roland RD-700SX / CME Xkey25+37