• Hi guys have posted a copy of this to access support, going to try my luck here too I am having some trouble with my Virus TI Running 10.10.5 connected via a dedicated Sonnet Allegro USB 2 pcix card

1) I can't seem to update the virus rom banks using virus control, in the dropdown menu where it says select source bank the menu expands to show two options 'personal libraries' and 'public libraries' but does not expand any further nor does it show the arrows to indicate the submenus exist
    This is not a problem in virus control and everything works there as expected

2) The device name for the TI shows up as some sort of identifier string, *%uuJr\BN

3) The Virus seems to play well with logic but with cubase i get strange issues of the note lengths spontaneously becoming shorter/gated. There is no automation, no other midi cc control connected and the envolope faders are unchanged, This happens with both versions of cubase 5 and 8.5 Pro. I have replaced the usb elicencer in case that was the issue but it hasn't made a difference at all. I have run the virus hardware test and the knobs seem to be working fine. In addition to the Allegro I am running a RME HDSPe (Multiface2) as well as a UAD 2 solo.. I have tried swapping pcie card positions and using previous versions of virus control but the problem has persisted. I had a strange suspicion it was related to the OSX sound alerts changing the sample rate but even switching the osx alerts to a different sound card I have the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I spend most of my time trying to deal with these issues rather than makng music :(

• Hi ,

I have exactly the same problem as you with midi notes which get shorter/gated without reasons. Here is my setup:
    Virus TI Snow Installer 5.1.1.0
    Windows 7
    Cubase 8.5
    dedicated USB 2 PCI card
    sound card MOTU UltraLite MK3 Hybrid

it happens suddenly with some patches and after the fault persists. When I restart the Cubase project it works during few seconds and it happens again.
    I tested with another TI SNOW and it's the same . I feel that this problem happens particularly when the notes are quite short (1/32 1/64) and repeated.
    I have this problem since I have my Virus and I still have not found a solution. Keep me informed if you find a solution. thank you

• Hi everyone!
    Have the same problem with Cubase.
    Win 10, Cubase 9.5.2, Virus latest OS, Virus ASIO as audio driver. The sound are normal until i press any midi-key. Then notes starts playing as shorten lenght with randomally release and holds and freezes. In generally something like that.
    Are there any solutions? I,ve tried a lot of different all kinds of settings. No result. There is no any problem in FL.