CPU Overload on mixdown

• Since moving to 64bit Cubase, im having a bit of a nightmare with my Virus. I cannot export a mixdown in real time at all, im getting CPU overload error messages everytime. i have tried starting a new empty project and just opening one virus track to do a test mixdown, it fails. Another problem im having is when i open a project, once cubase has loaded all the vst instruments and mixer, it crashes just after the virus has finished "configuring" almost every time. ive tried playing around with the buffer settings on my soundcard but it doesnt seem to make a difference. this is causing me a real headache having to record the virus parts through a group track then disconnecting it to mixdown. if the virus is not connected the projects open fine!! all my drivers are up to date, im running Cubase 7.5 64bit, Windows 7 64bit, i7 processor 8gb ram, and ive got a NI Komplete Audio 6 soundcard. ANY IDEAS???

• Hi Pete,
    I have the same problem when opening projects the Virus causes a ASIO spike and crashes.

I found a workaround.

Start a new project, add and instrument track with the virus plugin. After loading open your project.
    For some reason the virus gives trouble if you have a heavy project.