Virus Control, Local Keyboard and MIDI recording of front panel knobs

• Several things I'm curious about...

What is the logic behind switching off the local keyboard when using Virus Control? Why is it "not recommended"?

I do like having the keyboard on my Virus TI Keyboard available for inputting notes to the DAW. Am I thinking wrong somehow? Is this somehow against the designated purpose of the Virus TI?

A more serious question; I greatly prefer to record knob movements as MIDI signals and not as plugin parameter automation in the DAW. Is there a way to do this while using Virus Control? I do like the timing of the VC better than when I use MIDI+SPDIF (maybe the MIDI clock on my interface sucks or something), but dealing with automation envelopes at the scale involving Virust TI seems a daunting task in my DAW (Reaper; I know it's "unsupported", but the Reaper+TI combo works just fine for me so far).

• @Local OFF: Just select the Virus TI Keyboard as the input source for your MIDI or Instrument track. That's how it works in Ableton Live, Cubase and MainStage.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Thanks for the information!
    I had been actually been doing that all the time; it just turns out that I don't need to set Local On for it to work - which is nice, as it saves time...
    Still looking for a solution for the automation/MIDI thing...
    Or maybe I just have to learn to deal with the Reaper envelopes...