Virus TI Snow in Reaper

• I can't seem to get this to work on anything but "part 1".

Very bizarre plugin. Doesn't work like a normal software synth.

What 's the trick?

I load the plugin with the 3 buses.

I arm on the Reaper channel. I then go into the plug and select part 1 and it works. I select part 2 but it sounds part 1. I then change the midi channel to "2" and I see the midi level bouncing but no sound. I've been at this for a couple of hours. No sound other than Part 1. Very strange software indeed.

• I found the easiest way to route things in Reaper is to open the FX chain window for the track Virus Control is on, and under Options, select "build 16 channels of MIDI routing to this track" (and then disposing of the tracks for channels 5 through 16 that you don't need with the Snow). Then you determine which of the 4 parts in the Snow you're triggering just by which of the four MIDI tracks you arm for recording. Selecting a different part in the Virus Control GUI will let you edit the patch selected for that part or browse for a different patch to put on that part, but doesn't change which part you're triggering.

• Add the Virus plugin to a channel, now add four child channels to it. In each of the child channels, create a new send to the parent channel, and set each sends midi From : all -> [1-4] depending which channel you want. Works a charm )