Virus plug in mutes sounds after some time

• hi all,

I have a weird problem never encountered (by me) before.

My TI is connected via the USB to my mac, and running under Logic X control. It is set to 3 USB out. I have the same configuration for years, lately replaced a mac to the latest one and again everything worked fine for months. Few days ago after some time the sound of the TI is being cut off. Muted. No pop ups, no error messages, no visible problems. The sounds are being triggered, I can see in the plug in. What's more other timbres (patches), set to another USB out sound just fine. Changing USB out to a different one on the muted timbre does not bring the sound back. However, when I change the I/O buffer size (or even later change it back to the same value), that forses the plugin to reload the sound is back again. For some time. The time I am able to have the sound is not the same every time, varies from few secods to minutes. Also, when loading projects that are using the virus sometimes the sounds I have are different from what I had before...

I tried different I/O buffer settings, checked recommended configuration. Different USB ports. Reinstalled the software and firmware. Reset the virus.

I have no other ideas. ANything else I could do?

• Wild guess: Try to move the (one?) sound that gets muted to another channel/part. If it is on an even numbered channel (e.g. 4) , move to an odd one (e.g. 11) and vice versa. As I understood from another thread, all odd channels are processed on one cpu and all even ones to the other.

Odd/Even midi channels

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• i will certainly try that... how can that be that after a restart everything works fine? anyway, that may suggest a logic board failure. how about the battery (lithium), could that give similar symptoms?

• It might also be that the Virus is simply running out of voices. I observed that voice stealing behaves differently on the same part of music, depending on what was played before. Most probably has to do with the spill over from previous notes (release, delays, reverb tails).

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+