• Hello,

newbie here, I have a question I can't find an answer to. I just acquired a Ti2 desktop and it's connected via both USB and MIDI ports to my interface. I intend to use MIDI for programming and general experimentation while bypassing the computer/DAW, but I want to record in my DAW via total integration (USB.)

Now here's the question: when I use the Virus in TI mode, will the MIDI ports still respond? If they do, then every note will receive two note-on's and two note-off's, not to mention double the CC information. Sure, I could find a way to filter the MIDI stream out in Cubase, but if MIDI gets switched off when the synth is in TI mode, it wouldn't be needed. Hence my question. I used to have a Snow many years ago, but I only used it in TI mode. Besides, I was using OS 3.0 back then, so I'm guessing lots of things have changed in the meantime.

Thanks for your help.

• In Cubase, you set up the destination of your MIDI track to either go to the Virus Control VST or to any other MIDI channel. Therefore, if it's routed to the VC, it won't get sent out to another channel as well.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• The Midi ports still do work, just not in the way you mentioned. Saying

Zitat

the MIDI-DIN ports no longer work

can be misleading to others who are new to this.

Zitat

when USB is connected, the physical MIDI ports on the Virus become a MIDI interface

I use the midi ports on my Virus TI as an extra IN/OUT to my PC. 1 IN/1 OUT on each of my Firestudio audio interfaces and 1 IN/1 OUT on the Virus for 3 INS/3 OUTS. With other hardware connected to all 3.

• I can confirm that my Virus Ti2 works exactly like that: once you launch the VST, the MIDI-DIN ports no longer work.

yes, that's true. further confirmation can be found in the manual because it is a feature. the MIDI ports turn in to a MIDI interface when you connect USB. so, they still work _but_ they work differently. ...read the manual ;)