Virus TI unwanted pitch distortion

• My Virus Ti must constantly be powered off and on again as the pitch of any patch will suddenly start oscillating very quickly. It sounds like an insect buzzing. This pitch distortion used to happen when a patch was too processor heavy. Now it happens on the most simple patches. Here is a recording of the sound. You can hear the pitch become distorted at 1:00 of this recording:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/syasuo7k4t3oicj/broken Virus TI example.aif?dl=0

Logic Pro X Version 10.2.0

‣ I/O Buffer Size 128 samples

‣ Process Buffer range set to “Small”

‣ Plug-In latency compensation - “Audio and Software Instrument Tracks"

‣ Low Latency Mode disabled

Sample rate - 44.1 Khz

Virus OS: 5.1.6.05

Virus has been reset to original settings

• Sounds to me like standard pitch modulationwhich is added using the mod wheel on most patches.

My guess would be that either the mod wheel of your controller is defective and sending random events or your DAW is sending the mod wheel info for some reason. Try to roll the mod wheel full up and the back down when that happens.

It also could be the some other controller which is mapped to mod wheel is doing this.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• You are a saint, oliAtBass! This worked exactly as you suggested. Now I just need to find out how to disable my mod wheel so I don't have to keep resetting it. You have some serious gear karma coming your way. Respect.

• Thanks! Glad I could help! :)

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+