Spectral Wave/Square Blend Workaround?

• Hi all,
    Since you can't blend one of the Spectral Waves with a Square/Pulse wave on the TI2 osc Classic mode, is there a better workaround than using two osc with one wave each and then using the osc balance knob to blend the two waves that way? Seems a shame to have to use up another osc to do that! Too bad the Shape knob doesn't turn all the way around, ha ha!
    Thanks for any suggestions!

• Yeah, would be cool if blending was available independent of the wave selection and pulse width. But that would also make it much more complicated.

AFAIK to "blend" wave forms, you have to multiply a waveform with another waveform which is actually FM.

I'd try the following:
    - OSC 1 with spectral wave
    - OSC 1 FM Mode "wave"
    - OSC 2 with square wave
    - OSC Balance all the way to OSC 2
    - slowly dial in FM

Check the result with an Oscilloscope.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Thanks oli!
    Actually I should have said "crossfade" which is what I think the shape knob is doing in Classic osc mod. Just wish it didn't stop at "Square"!
    On a side note, I noticed osc 2 Classic mode, FM wave mode, does not accept Square from Osc 1 or wavetables that work normal (they seem "frozen").
    PS. I don't have an oscilloscope! :>)

• On a side note, I noticed osc 2 Classic mode, FM wave mode, does not accept Square from Osc 1 or wavetables that work normal (they seem "frozen").

That should not be! Fir me OSC 1 keeps full functionality.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Oli,
    With osc balance turned all the way to osc 2 with using osc 1 as a modulator, does it still sound like osc 1 is functioning correctly when osc 1 is set to a classic square or a wavetable (not listening to osc 1 directly)?
    Thanks!

• You are right! FM does not work as you would expect!

- From 0 to 50% (Sawtooth): The modulator is always the selected wave (Sine, Tri, Complex 3-64)
    - From 50% to 100% (Pulse): The modulator is always a rising (!) Sawtooth

This can be clearly heard when you transpose OSC 1 to -48, OSC 2 to +48 and play in the lowest available octave.
    Bug, IMO.

• Again, you're right. Behavior with OSC 1 in Wavetable mode is similar:

- From 0 to 50%: The modulator is always the first wave of the selected Wavetable
    - From 50% to 100%: The modulator is always a rising Sawtooth