Saving modified banks

• Hi,

I am new to the Virus TI. just wondering can I save an individual modified RAM bank of patches into Virus Control and then reload into an empty ROM bank?

Thanks for any help or advice.

• Yes. Copy the RAM bank to a new MIDI file (bank, e.g. "myPresets.mid") in Virus Control Plugin.
    Then use Virus Control Center application to burn the presest of that bank ("myPresets.mid") to any of the ROM banks.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Cheers greatly appreciated. Are there any particular or best plugins you would recommend? Also are there any available as a free download? Its just for saving my own banks back into my Virus.

Thanks again.

• I'm only using the latest Virus TI software provided by Access. Don't know of anything else available.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Cheers. Please forgive me for being stupid. I use the Virus Control Centre. Is this the same as the Virus Control Plugin? If not do I download it the plugin from this site as a separate download? When I use the "Backup" in Virus Control it saves all memory banks at the one time! Sorry just a bit confused!
    Thanks again.

• The Virus Control Center application and the Virus Control plugin do different things. Both are installed by the Access Virus TI Software installer which can be downloaded from the Access website.

Generally speaking:
    - The VCC application is used to maintain your Virus, like making backups of the complete synth, burning preset banks to ROM and updating the firmware
    - The VC Plugin is an Editor and Librarian for the Virus TI and is used from within your DAW to integrate the Virus hardware synth as if it was a AU/VST plugin synth. VC is also great to create or tweak presets and to manage preset banks.

For further information, please consult the documentation which is also available online.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ozon ()

• Hi Sorry for being an idiot.I am not sure at all as to how to "Yes. Copy the RAM bank to a new MIDI file (bank, e.g. "myPresets.mid") in Virus Control Plugin.Then use Virus Control Center application to burn the presets of that bank ("myPresets.mid") to any of the ROM banks".I have patches all arranged in Ram banks on my Virus TI. I can see them in the Virus Control Plugin window but don't know how or where to save them so as to reload and burn onto the Roms in my Virus TI. Thanks and apologies again.

• Not at my computer or Virus, but trying from memory:
    - In the Virus Control "Browse" tab you can always see two banks in the upper and in the lower part of the window
    - select your RAM bank from the hardware in the upper part
    - create a new local bank to copy your RAM bank (see below)
    - select the newly created destination bank for the lower part
    - select all presets from the upper part and drag them to the lower part

==> now you have saved your RAM bank in a local file

You can the select that local file in the Virus Control Center to burn it to one of the ROM banks

For further information please consult the Virus Control Tutorial found at http://www.virus.info/downloads

From the Virus Control Tutorial

Zitat

How to make new libraries

• In the Virus TI/Patches folder, create a new folder called ‘MyPatches’
    • Copy/Paste the file ‘My Patches.mid’ to this folder
    • Rename the copy e.g. ‘My Patches 1.mid’
    • Repeat steps 2 and 3 as many times as required, incrementing the version number each time
    • Use VirusControl to delete the patches in the additional copies.