Virus TI control with analog audio outs, audio out of sync when bouncing.

• It's actually quite easy, you just click the solo button on the external instrument track and also on the selected vc midi track before you bounce it. Then it complains about it not being done in realtime because your using an external instrument, just click on ok and it should be fine.

I just tested this method again on a new project, and it seems like my timing issues are completely gone!

• It's actually quite easy, you just click the solo button on the external instrument track and also on the selected vc midi track before you bounce it. Then it complains about it not being done in realtime because your using an external instrument, just click on ok and it should be fine.

Ok. When I do that, I can hear the audio just fine when playing back. When I then select "Edit > Render in Place" as indicated in your previous post, Cubase renders an empty audio region.
    Naturally, I could do an "File > Export > Audio-Mixdown", but that's a lot of hassle to render a single track or sequence.

I just tested this method again on a new project, and it seems like my timing issues are completely gone!

Hm. I've also had some experiences where I had the impression that timing problems where there in one project but not in another. Also, it seems that there are days where it's worse. But that may be just my tolerance level ;)

Sometimes I even had Cubase remembering the VC settings wrongly (sound settings wrong, esp octave shifts). That was repeatable, and verifiable by saving the VC settings as VST setting, saving the song, re-opening the song (--> wrong settings), loading the saved VST settings into VC (--> correct settings). Saving the song again didn't help but showed exactly the same behaviour. I think I fixed that problem by reverting to an older version of the song and importing the new VST settings. Fortunately I only had done sound changes and nothing else between the song versions...

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• my point was that the analog outs will not playback in time when you use Virus Control. They will playback to early. In difference to the USB outs which are in time. and as for the converters, i'm reading olli's statement the way that his ADCs are not good enough. but maybe i'm wrong there.

Yes, i have heard the timing slightly off when rendering, is it also while playing back? It's not so evident on some parts as it seems a few ms shift? Is it true that if i use SPDIF and try to clock to my RME, i need to make the Virus Ti the master?

• Yeah i shouldn't get ahead of myself, some days sounds like it's right on point (although that just may be my hearing lapsing), i have yet to plug in my SPDIF, now i am seeing some issues with some users trying to clock to their interface. Seems i may go back to using usb even with the glitches and all.