Using the Virus TI as an external effects unit using analogue audio cables.

• Hello everyone.

I am trying to playback and record an audio track with the virus TI's effects applied to the selected audio track.

I have connected 2 stereo pairs of audio cables going from my TI to the back of my audio interface. So i have 1 pair plugged in to, "INPUT" on the my TI and then the same cables are plugged in on my 3/4 outputs on the back of my audio interface. The 2nd pair is plugged into, "OUTPUT 1" of my TI and the same cables are then plugged into the 3/4 inputs at the back of my audio interface.

I have set the input to static and L+R and i have tried different combinations of the, "Input / Output device configuration",
    2 out / no input,
    3 out / no input and
    3 out / 1 input

Still with no luck.

The TI works fine as a normal plugin. I just can't seem to get it to function as an external effect.

I am using Cubase 8.5 with Windows 7 professional. The audio interface that i am using is the RME UFX+

I would really appreciate some expert advice on how to resolve this issue

Regards.

Doug.

• Maybe this video can help you:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• I have managed to record audio using 2 in and 0 out on the usb audio configuration.

I am using audio cables to record in this situation so the usb audio configuration does not really apply in this case.

The recording has a bit of latency but that might have something to do with the ASIO hardware buffer in order to rectify the latency.