Note release completely cuts off when muting external sequencer

• I have a Pioneer SP-16 that I have been sequencing most of my outboard gear with and I like to bring sequenced parts in and out by muting pads that are sending midi information to my various synthesizers. All of my other synths let the release of the programmed notes play out from the SP-16 upon muting the pads except for the access virus. I can't seem to find a solution as to why it cuts off notes upon hitting the pads that turn off the midi note send. For some reason it will completely cut the audio upon muting the pad when it should just stop sending midi notes and at least let the release of the last note sent play out right? I have the ti2 desktop edition.

Any help troubleshooting with settings I haven't already yet thought of would be appreciated. :)

• First wild guess: The pad not only sends the note off of the last note but also sends other events on the same channel as the Virus is listening to...

Maybe All Sounds Off? CC7 (Volume) or CC11 (Expression) with value 0?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• How would I go about figuring out if the sequencer is sending note off signals? Is there a way I can see midi events being sent via hooking it up to a computer? I looked through the configuration menu on the sequencer and it doesn't really give me too many options to change something like that...

• For MacOS there's a freeware app available called "MIDI Monitor". It lists all the events that occur on the selected port.

I'm sure equivalent software is available for Windows, too.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+