Virus Ti2 desktop won't boot

• So I came into the studio this morning to wake my Ti2 and noticed that the little red glowing light above the middle of the transpose wasn't on.... strange, I thought...
    I try to power on, nothing.
    Thinking that it might be the PSU, I swapped it with another one of the same specs, same problem.
    Tried the EXIT button upon plugging PSU in, and the same problem... dead.

After trying this many, many times, at times I can get the LCD backlight to come on and the BPM light to light, but no boot.
    Can't get communication with my PC running virus control center.

Thinking that I may have the dreaded mainboard problem?

• … and the plot thickens.

By repeatedly turning the unit on and off (using a power strip power switch), I can actually get it to boot--EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. It is running firmware 5.0.1.05. I tried to update the firmware using VCC, but it hangs on "looking for virus"... and then the Virus Ti2 itself freezes.

Mostly, nothing happens or a few lights turn on and then about 2 sec. later, turn off.

If I try to boot depressing the EXIT key during power on, it has no effect, so I can't put the unit into USB power update mode, unfortunately.

If I boot depressing the ARP EDIT key during power on, I can get the BPM and VIRUS lights to blink as long as I am HOLDING the ARP EDIT button. As soon as I release said button, it tries to boot.

How do I get the unit into the mode of firmware update?

• which mainboard problem?

I was told that the motherboard on some of the Ti2 units would fail.

I took my Ti2 to my tech and this is what he said:

"Problem: unit fails to boot unless repeatedly power cycled. Diagnosed failure to boot problem on virus ti2. After repeated power cycling, I was able to boot the unit. Tested L7805 voltage regulator and found 4.97-5.0V stable. Tested 269-3G voltage regulator and found undervolt condition of 2.04-2.09V. Tested 269AJG voltage regulator and also found it to be undervolted @ 0.56-0.61V. I conclude multiple failures of components on motherboard. Recommend motherboard replacement"

I am in contact with AV tech support and have requested a replacement motherboard.