TI2 - Abelton Live 10

• I just made the transition to Live from Logic X. Right off the bat, the TI seems to like Ableton better. Zero clicks/pops. Where as in Logic, that was the only flaw in my setup. Very intermittent but enough to irk me when they happened. This isn't why I switched DAWS, though. Live is more fun to work with in my opinion. And creating music should be fun if you're not doing it professionally, right? I have yet to setup multi output though. Are you guys using external instrument for this? Any tips or things to look out for?

Thanks

• Hi, same here (switching from Logic to Ableton) ...
    Found the constant peering at minute dots on the screen off-putting with Logic, especially in the automation - that and the general slow pace (although this is due to own lack of memorising short-cuts etc.) so, with the recent acquisition of an Akai MPC40, thought would give Ableton a bash.
    BUT! -
    With the ti2, only getting two tracks to work in the DAW. Set up in Ableton ok but when it gets to adding a third track, there is no usb audio option (in VC, USB3 l/r are greyed out).
    Have searched the net and watched YouTube videos but can’t find a solution...
    Could someone possibly help / point in the right thread direction please?
    Cheers!

• .... incidentally, just found this video (if am allowed to link)

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Not quite sure because need to view on a larger screen but it looks like he has 5 channels running. What sorcery is this?!

• All tracks are being sent to one stereo bus (usb 1+2 for example), you could do that too.

Personally I route 3 tracks simultaneously with 'External Instrument' device in Ableton.

This way you can have independent external effects per sound. I could see how in process of songwriting I would send tracks that I want to sidechain to one bus, etc, to have more simultaneous tracks at hand before mixing.

edit: by 1+2 I mean left and right