How to load sound banks without using Virus Control?

• Is there still a way to import sound banks into the virus without using the plug in, and to specify what ram bank you will import to? I've never imported sounds to a synth before, most of mine have been non memory based analog mono's such as Moog's and Dreadbox's. I'm unfamiliar with how this works, and I was having trouble finding a solution.

Thanks

• Yes you can do that using a MIDI SysEx tool like SysEx Librarian or any DAW that allows to import a MIDI File including SysEx messages (which in fact is what the VC files are).

To control the destination RAM bank follow the instructions in the Reference Manual, p. 126:

Zitat

MIDI Dump RX

Receive Dump

The Virus automatically recognizes the type of data appearing at its MIDI input. Whenever individual pro- grams are received, they will appear in the Edit Buffer (see glossary), and must be explicitly stored. Therefore, the following options only apply when receiving entire bank.

Apart from the Snow, all Viruses so far had banks each holding 128 patches. To maintain compatibility, the Snow uses 2 banks of each 64 patches to load a Bank Dump. Use Virus Control and the Virus Control Center to overwrite specific patches, banks or ROM locations.

You can also use the VCC Burn To Flash function, to store a sound bank to one of the ROM banks.

Read the Quickstart Manual, pa 39:

Zitat

Burn To Flash

Burn To Flash allows you to overwrite the content of the ROM banks in your Virus TI. As you may have already noticed, the Virus TI memory has been expanded to 26 ROM banks and all the new ones are only filled with INIT sounds. All those unused banks are waiting to be filled using Burn To Flash. In order to transfer a bank of sounds to the ROM section you need to select a source bank first. The “Select source bank” menu shows exactly the same choice of banks you see in Virus Control.

Next you need to decide where you want to write the bank to. By clicking on the letters A-Z you select the target for the transfer, as well as see the present content of the bank to be overwritten. Once you made up your choice, hit “OK” and proceed from the top again in case you want to overwrite more banks in your Virus TI.

The user bank icon indicates which banks already have been overwritten in the past. To restore the original banks later, see “Advanced Menu” below.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+