USB Bandwidth issues (USB3 Out is disabled)

• I'm a new virus user (Ti Snow). I've noticed that USB3 Out is disabled (greyed out). Any particular reason for this? I'm Using Cubase 5.1 with Windows 7 32-bit

One Thing I have noticed is that if I try to use any other USB device, I will get a error stating that the USB bandwidth has been exceeded, which is most likely due to the Virus. Would the lack of USB bandwidth cause Virus Control to disable the 3rd USB output?

• I'm a new virus user (Ti Snow). I've noticed that USB3 Out is disabled (greyed out). Any particular reason for this? I'm Using Cubase 5.1 with Windows 7 32-bit

Yes, on the Common Page in VC the IO Configuration is set to "2 Outputs/No Input" which means, that the additional 2 streams are used by the ASIO/Coreaudio soundcard feature of the Virus. USB3 is available, if you set the IO config to "3 Outputs/No Input" or "3 Outputs/1 Input", "USB3" will become available. As a trade off, the Virus soundcard functionality will not be to your disposal anymore, since the number of possible streams has been maxed out.

One Thing I have noticed is that if I try to use any other USB device, I will get a error stating that the USB bandwidth has been exceeded, which is most likely due to the Virus. Would the lack of USB bandwidth cause Virus Control to disable the 3rd USB output?

No, the virus just takes up to 73% of the USB1.1 bandwidth on an USB Root Hub. This is a technical fact. Usually, another (about) 20% are reserved for system use. That is why Access recommends to use the Virus on a single USB Root Hub alone. Notice that I write "Root Hub" and not "Hub". A Root Hub is the actual controller and has usually 2 connectors on the rear side of your computer. Also, as it is on the Apple Mac platform, there can be additional devices conntected internally competing on the bandwidth.

What you need to do: Reserve a root hub for the virus, this can also be done by using a PCI USB Card.

-timo