• i have a sm 58 into a ssl e and G seriers channel i/o preamp out of my pre into my access virus ti 2 midi keyboad and 2 analog outs to my daw
    i have gone into my configure window on the virus and set input threw to 127 i have also tried to boost a lill more : no sound
    i load ROm - U- 1-50 voccoder section - no sound

i try loading my effcets section vocoder 1/4 i try mode in L: no sound (i just hear my voice over it)

i also go to edit section and inputs and place inut mde into dynamic and input L+R : No sound

( ******* I NOW CAN GET SOUND BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE SHIT the noise is internal from the ti i checked my pre and my signal is fine i know i am getting audio to my ti i can hear my self but i have to turn up the lvl input to 127 and BOOST MAX to hear my signal! what is the problem i am using a pre amp but I have to boost so much.all i hear is the ground of the virus ! my signal is LINE LVL i don't know what the deal is!!!

i go to voc settings u somethings and go threw the patches only hear my voice over the sinewave that never Releases untill i turn the nob down(release). really annyoing:P i make something muiscal wiht the ADSR is say vocoder settings filters yadadablabla : nothing noise floor and shit vocals over an anoying saw wave:

this shits fucked help me

im new to my virus and i need some help the directions don't say much i see no forms or anything on on this topic

but basicaly im having a hard time setting up audio to run threw my virus is this a only digital via plug in the only way? and how would i be able to set it up with the plug in? help me get the voccoder working i have a virus ti 2 uptodate

thanks

[email protected]
    slightly-evolved.com

• Hi there,I think I have to disappoint you a bit.
    I too spent days trying to get a useful sound from the vocoder patches and was getting nothing useful...same problems ,overgain neccesary and yet very weak and buggy results.
    I kept having glitches and stuck notes. In the end I found out that you have to choose not only the preset but also,you have to make sure the setting in the effects for that patch is right.
    A.connect mic or audio to in L&R or mono and make sure the in coming signal is at nine o'clock
    B:choose one of those access vocoder presets
    C.press "edit distortion" twice,which takes through to voco and in put parameters(these are the equivs of the assigned knobs) and make sure the voco mode is set to oscillator.Now when you play the keys, you should hear something resembling a voco fx.
    Setting th voco mode to oscillator to anything else is useless especially noise.
    Play with the settings,balance,spectrum, filter bands..whatever and get back to me unhappy.
    I actually tried again ,I can get the voco timbre to sound but can not produce a vocal to be understood whilst using it.
    Sad thing is,I once had the access indigo and with that one I got some pretty good results.

my recommendations:
    -get a roland vp 330,instant magic but verry expensive
    -get a korg micro
    -get the prosoniq orange plugin

there are others but these are the ones that I have had at some point and do great jobs
    Lastly ask access to do a workover ,thats an update I might even pay for,maybe the future?