TI desktop Parameter/Value/Part buttons triggering incorrect functions

• Borrowing a TI desktop from a friend that I was looking to buy ( I own a C desktop that is no longer working, long story) As title suggests when clicking on Value, Parameter and Part buttons are triggering buttons that are on the other side of the screen such as Undo, Search and the Part button is triggering mod matrix settings. Impossible to create patches as cant change pages. Have tried reset to factory settings and re-updating OS but issue is still present. Guessing its an under the hood issue or (hoping) that there is some magic setting/fix I have missed. Any help appreciated

• Did your friend also experience the same behavior?

Either way, it sounds to me like one of the connectors on the flex ribbon cable isn't making proper contact anymore. Maybe open the unit up together with the friend and re-seat the flex ribbon cable going to the controls PCB? Only if you two feel up to the job, of course. From my point of view it should be an easy fix if you have enough electronics experience. If not then it's possible to break things as the ribbon cables are unfortunately fragile.

Here's a post from the past with a very similar issue that confirms my suspicion: Access Virus TI Keyboard, Buttons with strange behaviour.

• Thanks mate. I suspected it was something like you have described. I might open it up and have a look to see if its anything obvious I can easily repair but not that confident with electronics. I do have a great repairer who did some good work on my C but not sure what that cost would end up being. And my friend has not been using it for quite awhile.