Considering Virus TI2

• I'm considering getting the Virus TI2. I would like to know if the software is required to do proper sound design? Is the hardware interface of the Virus sufficient? I'm asking because I have a Macbook PRO M1 and therefor won't be able to run the software. That is not a problem for me since I'm working dawless. But, I don't want to miss out on functionality that is only available through the software.

My genres are Dub Techno and Techno. And I'm really looking forward to all the modulation options you have on the Virus. Unless there are a pain to program without the software.

Cheers, Martin

PS: you might find this post as a conversation as well... sorry for that. :)

• I got a Virus recently my self.
    You can do everything through hardware interface, so you don't have to use the software but it is a great way to learn the synth. Learning it using only hardware can be a bit confusing IMO. And setting up complex modulations will demand some menu diving. I highly suggest you read the manual as well, I think I'd miss a lot of features if I hadn't.

• It’s not possible to program the custom sequences for the Arpeggiator on the hardware.

Which is a bit sad because the Arp is great as Modulation source.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+