File management problem - happy to pay for assistance

• Before selling my Virus Ti, I backed up all my old banks using this (via the 'Virus Control' software, creating a '.vtibackup' file

Now, I want to access those as .mid banks, so that I can load them into my 'Snow'.

I can't seem to find a way to access those using the HC (Aurora/MIM0 software, and Virus Control gives me a message that I can't load a back up into a different piece of hardware.

Any insights?

If anyone can help me convert these files so that I can load them into my Snow, I'd be happy to pay you something for your time.

thanks

Will

• What exact model was your Virus TI?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• AFAIK, it’s necessary to have this model in order to be able to restore your backups to the synth. I have a TI2 Darkstar otherwise I’d give it a shot.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+

• AFAIK, it’s necessary to have this model in order to be able to restore your backups to the synth. I have a TI2 Darkstar otherwise I’d give it a shot.

Thanks for your message. I've sent someone (with a Virus Desktop) my backup file, and asked them to create .mid files for me.

(there are only 4 RAM banks I need)

Unfortunately, they created .syx banks instead, and I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with them.

Thanks for responding. I really appreciate it.

Will

• Didn‘t know that the TI and TI2 backups are compatible!

If you still need help, send me a PM.