Virus TI Snow - Output Noise

• I see that this is an old thread but.....
    Yesterday i was using my Snow via analog out and it it was producing a very loud hum. I pulled out the usb cable to see if that would help but it did not. Then i checked to make sure if it was the outlet it was plugged into by plugging into other outlets but that did not stop the noise. Then i went into the Snows edit mode config and went into inputs 1/2 then adjusted sensitivity to +16dBV and lowered boost to 23. Problem solved!

• I do get noise on my virus when I have it in USB mode when plugged into my gigging pc - I will see if it is still doing it and if an OS reinstall fixes it... very annoying though, works just fine at home in studio...

• All devices are using the same ground as they share the same mains loop and nearly all the same rack case, too. It's only when I use a stereo output from the headphone socket that I get the problem (which I still have) - balanced outputs seem to kill it as you would expect, although I wouldn't bet on it (I just didn't notice anything). Could just be noise from the high clock speeds making noise on what is a cheap and very compact motherboard (USB host really close to CPU, etc.). It would be interesting to see if I got it using the PCI-e card (as that is what I use on my desktop)...

• Setting the Sensitivity to-16db and turniung off the boost and input through to 0, fixed my hum noise from the headphones and the analog line 1 output! :P

• I don't know if this can help i got virus snow, and also got the noise problem in analog out when Usb is connect, I think it's a problem of not so weel specs electricity rate in USB mac(mini and Imac) internal HUB,

anyway i solve the problem getting a better USB cable, shorter.

If u have the noise again is hearth problem and you can solve switching phase on preamp, then digital re phase the Left and right channel.

cheers.